Broccoli and Rice Casserole My husband’s favorite for any get together
Tis the season #19
2 (10 ounce) packages of frozen chopped broccoli
3 cups of instant rice
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (10.75 ounce)
1 ¼ cup of milk
8 oz of Velvetta Cheese
1 tablespoon of butter
1 cup of celery chopped
Salt and Pepper to Taste
You can add 1 large onion but my husband does not like onion
1. Cook broccoli and rice according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a medium saucepan over low heat, mix cream of mushroom soups and 1 1/4 cups milk. Gradually stir in cheese until melted. Be careful that the cheese doesn't burn.
3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook and stir celery until soft.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, rice, soup and cheese mixture and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, until bubbly and lightly brown.
Fried Okra My Favorite
Tis the season #20
1 package of Okra not breaded
Seasoning salt and black pepper
½ cup of cornmeal
½ cup of Canola Oil
1. In skillet pour the Canola Oil and get very HOT!
2. Mix the Orka frozen with the cornmeal then season with seasoning salt and black pepper.
3. Pour Orka in hot skillet and cook until done.