Vegetable Medley Tis the season #18
2 (15) ounce cans mixed vegetables
1 (6) ounce can French-fried onions
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can condensed cream of celery soup
1 (12) ounce package dry bread stuffing mix
3 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Drain one can of the mixed vegetables and pour both cans into a 2 quart casserole dish (one with a lid, preferably). Pour cream of celery soup and cream of mushroom over vegetables gently stir until well mixed. Spread fried onions over vegetables and then spread the stuffing on top of the onions. Pour melted butter over stuffing; cover dish with a lid or with aluminum foil.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool for a few minutes before serving.
Sweet Potato Casserole Tis the season #17
4 ½ cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
½ cup butter, melted
1/3 cup milk
1 cup white sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs beaten
1 cup light brown sugar
½ cup self-rising flour
1/3 cup butter
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, mix together mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs. Spread sweet potato mixture into the prepared baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and flour. Cut in 1/3 cup butter until mixture is crumbly, then stir in pecans. Sprinkle pecan mixture over the sweet potatoes.
3. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
English Pea Medley Tis the season #16
1 can of English peas drained
1 can of white shoepeg corn drained
1 cup of celery chopped
1 cup of onions chopped
1 jar of pimentos chopped
½ cup of sugar
½ cup of apple cider vinegar
¼ cup of vegetable oil
Boil the sugar, vinegar, and oil together until sugar is dissolved. Let cool. Pour over the mixture of English peas, shoepeg corn, celery, onions, and pimentos. Refrigerate. Enjoy